Helena Figure Skating Club Learn to Skate USA Lessons Registration information. Full lesson schedule here.
- Lessons cover basic skating skills to provide a foundation for figure skating, hockey, speed skating, and recreational skating.
- Registration and payment are due by the first day of each session payable to Helena Figure Skating Club.
- Skaters should dress in layers to stay comfortable. Helmets are recommended for young and/or beginner skaters.
- Beginning and returning skaters can register for any new session!
- Sessions are sold by lesson-session packages only.
- Lessons are progressive. It’s common for skaters to participate in multiple sessions to move up to the next skill level.
- Space in limited. Pre-Registration is highly recommended, dates and times below.
- Same day registration runs from 11:30-12:30pm at the start of each session
- Lessons run on Sundays only. On ice from 12:50-1:50pm. Skaters are in lesson for 20 minutes and monitored practice for 40 minutes.
- Plan to arrive early each week to put on skates and equipment
- $60 per session/per skater. Skate rental included. $40 per session for HFSC members.
The Helena Figure Skating Club, a non-profit organization, is the Learn to Skate USA host in Helena for learning to ice skate. We offer Learn to Skate (LTS) classes throughout the skating season. The program is appropriate for ages four to adult, whether you have never stepped on the ice, are looking to improve your technique or want to impress your friends and family with new tricks!
We follow the mission of Learn to Skate USA: To provide a fun and positive experience that will instill a lifelong love of skating. Something happens the moment your kid’s skates touch the ice. It's surreal. Empowering. It’s the experience where kids learn much about skating, and themselves. Your child learns glides, swizzles, edges and crossovers. Your child learns positivity, confidence and personal strength.
Learn to Skate Director Contact: Crystal Ann Curry 406-461-5327